Superstar Mandy Moore said she’s walking away from her tour with a “heavy heart” because the strain of long hours on the road has been too much and she wants to put the “health of my baby” first.
The 38-year-old actress and singer told her fans in an Instagram post on Tuesday that when she announced the tour she wasn’t pregnant, but is now. She wrote that the long hours on a bus and on the road has taken a toll on her and has forced her to cancel the remaining dates on her “In Real Life” tour.
“It is with a heavy heart and much consideration that I have to let you know that I am canceling my remaining how dates in 2022,” Moore wrote. “It has been an honor and an absolute dream to return to the stage again this past month, performing for all of you.”
“When we booked these shows, I wasn’t pregnant and although I truly thought I could power through, the way we are traveling (long hours on the bus and not getting proper rest) has caught up, taken its toll, and made it feel too challenging to proceed,” she added. “I know that I have to put my family and my health (and the health of my baby) first and the best place for me to be right now is at home.”
“Thank you for all of your support along the way and thank you in advance for respecting my decision,” the “This Is Us” actress continued. “I can’t wait to get back out there soon to bring this music and show your way. All tickets will be refunded at place of purchase.”
The “A Walk to Remember” star announced the exciting news that her and husband singer Taylor Goldsmith were expecting their second child earlier this month, after welcoming their first son together in August 2021, Page Six noted.
“Baby Boy Goldsmith #2 coming this fall!” Moore captioned her post on Instagramin part. “Tour is gonna be slightly different than I expected but I can’t wait and Gus is gonna be the BEST big brother!! Xo.”
The actress and Goldsmith tied the knot in 2018. She was previously married to singer Ryan Adams.