Are you preparing for hip or knee joint replacement surgery? If so, we invite you to join Chronic Care Australia’s innovative exercise medicine program.
Chronic Care Australia (CCA) seeks to determine if our 24-week exercise medicine program can achieve remission in people with Type 2 Diabetes and/or reduce the blood sugar level (BSL) profile in people who are pre-diabetic and scheduled to undergo surgical procedures.
The presence of diabetes negatively impacts joint surgery outcomes by decreasing functional responses, increasing infection rates and increasing revision surgeries.
This real world observational pilot program aims to:
- Reduce medical risks prior to and during surgery.
- Increase mental and physical health outcomes following surgery.
- Reduce post-operative recovery time.
- Achieve remission in participants who are pre-diabetic or have Type 2 Diabetes.
More than 10% of Australians aged 65+ have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Two million more Australians are pre diabetic. Furthermore, 43.7% of this patient group has some form of osteoarthritis.
CCA believes we can reduce the burden of chronic conditions by ensuring effective healthcare is accessible to all Australians.
Collecting real world outcomes that help improve healthcare delivery, education and access is part of this vision. We want all Australians to create a healthcare system where consumers, medical professionals and service providers work together to build a better, healthier future.
- Have you been diagnosed with Hip or Knee Osteoarthritis?
- Has your doctor told you that you are at risk of diabetes or are pre-diabetic?
- Are you a candidate for joint replacement surgery?
- Do you have access to Wi-Fi and a laptop computer or smart phone for virtual appointments (interstate and rural clients)?
Be part of CCA’s growing community and help improve the future of your health and the health of Australians at large.
For more information and to register, head to www.chroniccare.com.au/oat2d