USWNT vs. Colombia – International Friendly Presented by Allstate
Date: June 25, 2022
Venue: Dick’s Sporting Goods Park; Commerce City, Colorado
Broadcast Time: 7:30 pm ET / 5:30 pm MT
Official Kickoff Time: 7:45 pm ET / 5:45 pm MT
Starting XI vs. Colombia: 18-Casey Murphy; 3-Alana Cook, 4-Becky Sauerbrunn (Capt.), 5-Kelley O’Hara, 7-Ashley Hatch, 9-Mallory Pugh, 10-Lindsey Horan, 11-Sophia Smith, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andi Sullivan, 19-Emily Fox
Available Subs: 1-Alyssa Naeher, 2-Ashley Sanchez, 6-Trinity Rodman, 8-Sofia Huerta, 12-Naomi Girma, 13-Alex Morgan, 14-Emily Sonnett, 15-Megan Rapinoe, 20-Taylor Kornieck, 21-Aubrey Kingsbury, 22-Kristie Mewis, 23-Margaret Purce
Not Dressing: Sam Coffey, Jaelin Howell, Carson Pickett
- USWNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Sauerbrunn (203), O’Hara (153), Horan (110), Pugh (73), Lavelle (72), Sullivan (28), Smith (16), Fox (14), Cook (10), Hatch (9), Murphy (5).
- Today’s starting lineup averages 62 caps per player with three players – Sauerbrunn, O’Hara and Horan – having 100+ caps for the USWNT. Conversely, six players in this Starting XI have fewer than 30 caps, including forward Ashley Hatch and goalkeeper Casey Murphy, who are set to earn their ninth and fifth caps, respectively.
- Saturday’s starting lineup against Colombia features three Colorado natives in Horan (Golden), Pugh (Highlands Ranch) and Smith (Windsor). Midfielder Taylor Kornieck, who is available off the bench, also has Colorado ties having played collegiately at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Defender and team captain Becky Sauerbrunn returns to the field for her first action with the USWNT since Feb. 23, 2022, when she came on the final minutes of the USA’s victory over Iceland in the SheBelieves Cup finale. This will be Sauerbrunn’s first start for the USWNT since Feb. 20 vs. New Zealand as she is set to earn her 203rd cap overall, moving into sole possession of 10th on the USA’s all-time appearances list.
- Casey Murphy starts today in goal as she makes her third appearance of the year and fifth appearance overall for the USWNT. Murphy made two appearances for the USA during the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, starting and recording shutouts against Czech Republic (Feb. 17) and Iceland (Feb. 23). The 26-year-old Murphy has three clean sheets in her previous four caps.
- Defender Alana Cook is set to earn her 10th cap overall for the USWNT as she makes her seventh consecutive start for the USA. Cook, who earned her first cap in November of 2019, has started every match since the USWNT’s trip to Australia in November of 2021 and leads the team in total minutes played in 2022 with 414 minutes of action.
- Kelley O’Hara will make her fourth start of 2022 and is set to earn her 153rd cap overall. O’Hara is the 24th player in USWNT history to eclipse 150 caps and has played the full minutes in 12 of the USA’s last 16 games in which she has been available and has gone the distance in 14 of her last 18 caps overall.
- Forward Ashley Hatch will make her first start of 2022 and the third of her USWNT career as she earns her ninth cap overall. Hatch has scored in each of her previous two starts for the USA, both of which came in Australia at the end of 2021. The reigning NWSL Golden Boot winner has four goals in her eight appearances for the USWNT.
- Colorado-native Sophia Smith will make her first appearance for the USWNT in her home state as she earns her 16th cap overall. Smith will be making her sixth start of 2022, joining Cook, Sullivan and Fox as the only players to start all six matches for the USA this year. She is third on the team in scoring with three goals on the year.
- Fellow Colorado-native Lindsey Horan will make her fourth appearance for the USWNT in her home state as she earns her 110th cap overall. Fresh off winning both the UEFA Women’s Champions League and the French League title with her club team Olympique Lyon, Horan has one goal and one assist in her previous three USWNT matches in Colorado. This will be Horan’s second appearance for the USA in 2022, having also played the first half in the team’s April 9 victory over Uzbekistan.
- Colorado’s own Mallory Pughwho scored twice in the USA’s most recent match at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on April 4, 2019, will make her 73rd career appearance for the USWNT and fourth start of 2022. Pugh is tied for the team lead in scoring with five goals on the year and has scored in each of her last four appearances for the USWNT, the longest scoring streak of her international career.
- Rose Lavelle will make her fourth appearance and fourth start of 2022 as she earns her 72nd career cap for the USWNT. Lavelle played a direct role in five goals during the USA’s April matches vs. Uzbekistan, dishing out a pair of assists on April 9 and adding one assist and two goals in the April 12 victory in Chester.
- Andi Sullivan will make her sixth start of the year as she earns her 28th cap with the USWNT. Sullivan will have now started 10 of the USA’s last 11 matches, dating back to the September 2021 matches against Paraguay.
- Emily Fox will make her ninth consecutive start and earn her 14th cap overall for the USWNT. Fox will have now appeared in every match the USA has played since the October 2021 FIFA window.
- Three players on today’s 23-player roster have yet to appear for the USA in 2022 – veteran forwards Alex Morgan and Megan Rapinoe and uncapped midfielder Taylor Kornieck. Should she see action against Colombia, Kornieck will become the 248th woman to earn a cap for the USWNT and will become the tallest player ever to wear the USWNT jersey at 6-foot-1.