Job Title: Service Manager – Learning Disability Community Wellbeing Service
Employment Status: Permanent– 37 Hours Per Week.
Responsible To: Operations Manager (Housing, Care & Support)
Location: Birmingham (Head Office: Woodgate Valley)
Who We Look For
Are you a personable, highly professional, and motivated individual who can empower and lead a service supporting people with a learning
Do you have passion for what you do, a strong communicator and have excellent problem-solving skills?
Midland Mencap is looking to recruit a Service Manager to oversee delivery of our Community Wellbeing Service across Birmingham.
Re-launched in July 2022, the Community Wellbeing Service is constantly innovating in our pursuit of delivering the best life outcomes for everyone we support.
To achieve these goals, we need a Service Manager who is achievementorientated, solution-focused and can interact confidently with colleagues, citizens, families, and professionals at all levels.
We place a high value upon integrity, ethical standards, and a commitment to excellence.
This role requires you to deliver quality consistently and instil a working culture that empowers citizens with a learning disability to fulfil their potential.
We seek applications from candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can bring their skills, creativity, and management experience to a role where no two days are the same.
What Does A Service Manager Do?
Service Managers are responsible for providing guidance, instruction and support to Midland Mencap’s Deputy Service Managers and area Coordinators.
You will have management level oversight for driving high-quality support provided by our frontline staff and for ensuring that the service delivers against its contractual obligations.
Midland Mencap’s Community Wellbeing Service exists to deliver “best in class” support and the team you lead will have a significant impact upon citizens lives.
This role requires you to ensure that we provide outstanding support to adults with a learning disability within their home environment and that they remain an active part of the local community.
You will monitor that all staff are supporting citizens to find and sustain a tenancy, develop independent living skills, receive the correct benefits, maintain their health/wellbeing, and access employment, training, and volunteering opportunities.
This role requires a high degree of organisation. You will be monitoring the completion of reviews, support plans, risk management, staff supervision, safeguarding and conduct regular visits across the service.
The ideal candidate will ensure the service operates in a person-centred way, enabling individuals to exercise choice and control over their own lives, reduce dependency and maximise independence.
This role involves lots of problem solving in order that we make things possible for the citizens we support.
There is a need to be creative, confident, and tactful in how you approach tasks and the wide variety of citizens, families and professionals you will encounter in the course of your duties.
With the support of an experienced management team, you will have the capability to work on your own initiative, be comfortable lone working and ensure that comprehensive digital records are maintained.
Role and Duties
• Responsible for day-to-day operational management, development, and contract compliance.
• Provide contract monitoring, evaluation and promote continuous improvement in service performance.
• To lead, support, supervise, & mentor a Deputy Manager, 5 area Coordinators and frontline colleagues.
• Ensure that ‘Payment by Outcomes’ and Key Performance Indicators targets are achieved.
• Ensure service delivery focus upon tenancy sustainment, health/wellbeing outcomes & preventative actions.
• Implement innovative digital support, including online content and complimentary remote wellbeing provision.
• Maintain systems and processes for accurate reporting and evidencing internal / external audit.
• Devising and monitoring of frontline staff rotas and effective Deputy/Coordinator work patterns.
• Support and promote user involvement at Citizen Panel meetings and with service consultation.
• Represent the organisation at appropriate forums / meetings.
• Assist with the organisation and service’s marketing and promotion strategy.
• Ensure that all policies, standards, and organisational procedures are adhered to.
• Develop & maintain relationships with statutory, voluntary, and local agencies.
• Provide oversight for staff/citizen Risk Management and hold responsibility for Safeguarding within the service.
• Respond to all complaints in line with Midland Mencap policy and contract obligations.
• Take part and have management responsibility with an On-Call service.
Applying? please mention you saw this vacancy on ‘B31 Voices‘ and do let us know how you get on, we’d love to know ☺️
Thank you and good luck 🙏✌️