The WindsorEssex Community Foundation held its annual meeting on Tuesday where it announced plans for its 40th birthday in 2023.
The WECF announced investments to support five projects with local charities:
• Windsor Symphony Orchestra – Capitol Theater Digital Wall
• Essex Region Conservation Foundation – Windsor Essex Community Foundation Community Trail Entrance
• Bryerswood Youth Camp – Hut Campaign
• Essex County Field Naturalists Club – WECF 40th Anniversary Memorial Forest
• Rotary Club of Windsor 1918 & WindsorEssex Rainbow Alliance – WERA Rainbow Picnic Table Project
“WECF is pleased to support these local organizations and the many important programs they facilitate in Windsor Essex County,” said Lisa Kolody, Executive Director of WECF.
“We congratulate all recipients of our 40th Anniversary Community Legacy Investments and look forward to the lasting impact and benefits these projects will have on our community today and in the future.”
In the past year, the WECF has distributed $1.3 million to charities within the Windsor-Essex community.
As of 2022, the foundation has accumulated more than $23 million in total assets and has awarded more than $12 million to a wide variety of local charities.